Tuesday, April 3, 2007

What emotionally damaged sounds like...

This is a perfect example of how someone who lives for words can be utterly inadequate at expressing herself when emotions are involved. I have a fine history of open-mouth-insert-foot syndrome and sadly, it continues to this day. I'm sure it prolly has a little something to do with my, ummm, spectacular relationship track record {married "special", dated "special", have the t-shirt} but seriously? This borders on the ridiculous.

Picture it:

Awhile ago. My place. The Couch. With Random boy. Not Boy. A crappy horror movie is playing on the DVD, & I am watching it from behind a pillow {because I am cool like that...}

Me: OMG! WTF. That's just not necessary to the plot line. K, that's just grody.

Him: Did you really just say grody?

Me: Wanna make something of it?

Him: Maybe.

Me: You feeling lucky punk?

Him: You look nothing like Clint Eastwood, dork.

Me: Ya, well, nerd.

Him: Why are you calling me a nerd?

Me: Because.

Him: Because?

Me: Just because.

Him: OK.

Me: OK, then.

Him: Andrea?

Me: Random boy?

Him: I love you.

Me: *splutters* and then FUCKING LAUGHS.

Him: Umm, why are you laughing?

Me: *.....................* {crickets can be heard}

Him: Andrea?

Me: *.......................*{chirp}

Him: Did I say something wrong?

Me: *coughs*. No, no, it's OK. But ummmm, really? Maybe not.

Him: Ummmm, so....

Me: {looking back at the TV} Now THAT is also grody.

Him: *..........................*

Jiminy Cricket is so my wing man....

No comments: